Wednesday, 9 December 2015
Another year, another successful TechCrunch Disrupt! Entrepreneurs, startups and those looking to invest in the next Uber, Airbnb and Facebook all gathered in the Copper Box Arena in London’s Olympic Park to listen, pitch and connect. We had an absolute blast getting to know some of our fellow startups and inform others about what we do. Here are just some of our highlights:
- our collaboration with TechCrunch was met with an overwhelming response! So many were interested in hosting Battlefield participants and we were happy to give them a ticket to Disrupt for free in return
- we chatted with loads of people from all over the world and all niches of sectors to find out about their companies and tell them more about FlatClub. Entrepreneurs love to connect, to collaborate, to come together to create something even better, to open their ideas for the benefits of their customers. It was inspiring to see and listen to many great collaboration ideas and we’re excited to see what comes of out them in the coming months!
- our fellow Techhubbers Jukedeck made it to the final round at Battlefield! We watched their incredible pitch with delight and couldn’t be happier for them. Working next to these amazing guys is simply a pleasure!
- the Battlefield competitors were insanely creative this year. From deliveries in African cities within three hours to managing relationships between creative freelancers, vendors and contractors and of course creating custom, royalty-free music for videos and other uses from the guys and gals working next to us at Jukedeck
- our FlatClub stall was a huge success! We’ve had hundreds of people visiting us, asking questions, looking to collaborate, to invest or to simply find out why they should stay with us next time they’re moving abroad temporarily. The response was overwhelming and we were happy to share our ideas (and our vouchers) with everyone who was interested
We cannot wait for next year’s TechCrunch Disrupt and are excited to see new startups, new ideas and make new connections to improve everyone’s experience.